The diagnosis of a chronic illness is a fact that all people are afraid and anxious always secretly do occur in life.
This is in fact the case for some, so they have to face a new reality that shakes basic defenses and the lifestyles that had been their routine until recently.
In order to face the psychological and emotional challenges posed by a chronic disease requires a realistic, but mostly positive approach. Adjusting to a new situation or being optimistic about the future may initially seem improbable, but it is achievable.
At DIAPLASIS, the Chronic Disease Management Clinic will help you build the emotional strength you need to face the difficulties brought on by a chronic disease. The psychologist, in collaboration with your doctor and other specialists that monitor you, can help you obtain the appropriate coping strategies, which will not only enhance your treatment program, but will contribute to your overall well-being despite any existing physical difficulties.
Conditions for admitting EOPYY insured persons in the Chronic Disease Management Clinic
Admitted to the Chronic Disease Management Clinic are individuals that fall under these categories:
- Insured by the Greek National Health Service Organization (EOPYY)
- Application-declaration stating the desire of the patient, or family member, or relevant social services
- Non self-sufficient individuals with chronic health problems
- Need for systematic medical and nursing care
- The patient or the family’s financial weakness
- Adverse family situation, e.g. lack of family environment or complete inability for home care including in cases where there is a risk of abuse or neglect.
Priority is given to individuals who, other than the urgent need for hospitalization, are deprived of a family environment.
Cases are not admitted when they require psychiatric care, particularly when they are ambulatory.